Violence Research & Awareness Association
Who are we?
We were created by students at West Virginia University that works closely with the Research Center on Violence. Our organization is dedicated to teaching valuable and usable real world skills through professional development opportunities, experiential learning, and exposure to grant funded research projects while bringing awareness to diverse types of violence that impact the West Virginia University and Morgantown, West Virginia communities.
Since our inception in Spring 2017, we have...
- sponsored 6 awareness events related to sexual assault and gender-based violence
- sponsored 1 academic panel on sexual assault
- tabled countless times to bring awareness to different forms of gender-based violence
- sent one members to a regional conference, fully funded, to present their original research
- sent two members to a national conference, fully funded, to present their original research
- had one member accepted to present at Undergraduate Research Day at the Capital
- logged more than 300 hours collecting data for the West Virginia Quality of Life Survey
Interested in learning more about the organization or how you can join? Contact one of our interns. Our organization is open to all students (undergrad and graduate students of any major).