Anastasia Powell, Ph.D.
Dr. Anastasia Powell’s research has specialised on policy and prevention concerning violence against women. She has published widely in these fields including two books: Sex, Power and Consent: Youth Culture and the Unwritten Rules (Cambridge University Press, 2010) and Domestic Violence: Australian Public Policy co-authored with Dr Suellen Murray (Australian Scholarly Publishing, 2011). Anastasia has also contributed to policy specific research for the Victorian State Government and to a number of projects commissioned by VicHealth.
Currently, Anastasia is a chief investigator with Dr Nicola Henry (La Trobe University) on an ARC Discovery Project ’Technology Facilitated Sexual Violence and Harassment: Violence Against Women in Cyberspace and the Implications for Reform’ (DP130103094). She is also working on projects regarding rape law reform, sexual violence prevention and community attitudes to violence against women.
Dr. Powell's recent publications include:
- Henry, N., McGlynn, C., Flynn, A., Johnson, K., Powell, A., & Scott, A. J. (2020). Image-based Sexual Abuse: A Study on the Causes and Consequences of Non-consensual Nude or Sexual Imagery.
- Powell, A., Scott, A., Flynn, A., & Henry, N. (2020). Image-based sexual abuse: An international study of victims and perpetrators. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.35166.59209.
- Powell, A., Flynn, A., & Henry, N. (2019). Sexual violence in digital society. DOI: 10.4324/9780429460593-6.
- McGlynn, C., Rackley, E., Johnson, K., Henry, N., Flynn, A., Powell, A., Gavey, N., & Scott, A. (2019). Shattering lives and myths: A report on image-based sexual abuse.
- Henry, N., Flynn, A., & Powell, A. (2019). Image-based sexual abuse: Victims and perpetrators. Trends and Issues in Crime and Criminal Justice.