Simon Winlow, Ph.D.
Dr. Simon Winlow has previously worked at Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College, the University of York and Teesside University, where he established the Teesside Centre of Realist Criminology with Professor Steve Hall in 2012. He is an interdisciplinary scholar, but he has particular expertise in sociology and criminology. He is currently the Vice President of the British Society of Criminology.
Dr. Winlow;s recent publications include:
- Hall, S., & Winlow, S. (2020). Back to the future: On the British liberal left’s return to its origins. International Journal of Media & Cultural Politics, 16, 65-73. DOI: 10.1386/macp_00015_1.
- Winlow, S. (2019). What Lies Beneath? Some Notes on Ultra-realism, and the Intellectual Foundations of the ‘Deviant Leisure’ Perspective. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-17736-2_3.
- Winlow, S., & Hall, S. (2019). What price justice?. DOI: 10.4324/9780429468179-3.
- Winlow, S., & Hall, S. (2019). Shock and Awe: On Progressive Minimalism and Retreatism, and the New Ultra-Realism. Critical Criminology. DOI: 10.1007/s10612-019-09431-1.
- Winlow, S., Hall, S., & Treadwell, J. (2019). Why the Left Must Change. DOI: 10.4324/9781351242059-3.