Callie Rennison, Ph.D.
Dr. Callie Rennison is the Director of Equity, and Title IX Coordinator at the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus. In addition, she is a full professor, and former Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs in the School of Public Affairs, University of Colorado Denver. She earned a PhD in 1997 in political science from the University of Houston, University Park. Her areas of research interest include investigating the nature, extent, and consequences of violent victimization, with an emphasis on research methodology, quantitative analysis, and measurement. Much of this research focuses on violence against women, violence against minority groups such as African Americans and Hispanics, crime data, and victim interaction with the criminal justice system. Callie recently served on a National Academies committee examining domestic sex trafficking of minors in the United States. Her research has appeared in numerous journals, including the Journal of Quantitative Criminology, Justice Quarterly, Violence and Victims, and Violence Against Women. Callie has taught a variety of graduate and undergraduate courses, including statistics, research methods, murder in America, crime and the media, and introduction to criminal justice.
Callie was awarded the School of Public Affairs Research and Creative Activities Award in 2013, the Teaching Award in 2011, and the Service Award in 2015. In 2016, she was awarded the American Society of Criminology’s Bonnie S. Fisher Victimology Career Award to recognize significant contributions in the area of Victimology over her lifetime.
Dr. Rennison's recent publications include:
- Augustyn, M., Rennison, C., Pinchevsky, G., & Magnuson, A. (2019). Intimate Partner Stalking among College Students: Examining Situational Contexts Related to Police Notification. Journal of Family Violence, 1-13. DOI: 10.1007/s10896-019-00115-6.
- Raphael, J., Rennison, C., & Jones, N. (2019). Twenty-Five Years of Research and Advocacy on Violence Against Women: What Have We Accomplished, and Where Do We Go From Here? A Conversation. Violence Against Women, 25. DOI: 10.1177/1077801219875822.
- Pinchevsky, G., Magnuson, A., Augustyn, M., & Rennison, C. (2019). Sexual Victimization and Sexual Harassment among College Students: a Comparative Analysis. Journal of Family Violence. DOI: 10.1007/s10896-019-00082-y.
- Dekeseredy, W., Rennison, C., & Hall-Sanchez, A. (2019). The Routledge International Handbook of Violence Studies. Routledge.
- DuBois, K., Rennison, C., & Dekeseredy, W. (2019). Intimate Partner Violence in Small Towns, Dispersed Rural Areas, and Other Locations: Estimates Using a Reconception of Settlement Type: Estimates Using a Reconception of Settlement Type. Rural Sociology. DOI: 10.1111/ruso.12264.