Nicola Henry, Ph.D.
Nicola's research focuses on the prevalence, nature and impacts of sexual violence and harassment, including the legal and non-legal responses in Australian and international contexts. Her research has been largely situated in three socio-legal and criminology fields: (1) transitional and post-conflict justice; (2) rape law reform and primary prevention; and (3) technology-facilitated sexual violence. Her research is interdisciplinary, drawing on mixed-methods approaches within multidisciplinary teams. Nicola's books include: War and Rape: Law, Memory and Justice (2011: Routledge), Preventing Sexual Violence: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Overcoming a Rape Culture (2014: Palgrave Macmillan; co-edited with A/Prof Anastasia Powell), Rape Justice: Beyond the Criminal Law (2015: Palgrave Macmillan; co-edited with A/Prof Powell and A/Prof Asher Flynn), and Sexual Violence in a Digital Age (2017; Palgrave Macmillan; co-authored with A/Prof Powell). Nicola has another co-authored book coming out in early 2020 on image-based sexual abuse (with Routledge).
Dr. Henry's recent publications include:
- Henry, N., Mcglynn, C., Flynn, A., Johnson, K., Powell, A., & Scott, A. (2020). Victim-survivor experiences of image-based sexual abuse. DOI: 10.4324/9781351135153-2.
- Henry, N., Mcglynn, C., Flynn, A., Johnson, K., Powell, A., & Scott, A. (2020). Image-based Sexual Abuse: A Study on the Causes and Consequences of Non-consensual Nude or Sexual Imagery. DOI: 10.4324/9781351135153
- Powell, A., Scott, A., Flynn, A., & Henry, N. (2020). Image-based sexual abuse: An international study of victims and perpetrators. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.35166.59209.
- Henry, N., Mcglynn, C., Flynn, A., Johnson, K., Powell, A., & Scott, A. (2020). The missing culture of consent. DOI: 10.4324/9781351135153-6.
- Henry, N., Mcglynn, C., Flynn, A., Johnson, K., Powell, A., & Scott, A. (2020). The harms of image-based sexual abuse (with Erika Rackley & Nicola Gavey). DOI: 10.4324/9781351135153-3.