Kyle Mulrooney, Ph.D.
Dr. Mulrooney is a Faculty of Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences and Education; School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences and the University of New England. His research interests include the sociology of punishment/imprisonment, media and crime, drugs in society, and rural crime.
Dr. Mulrooney's recent publications include:
- Van de Ven, K., Dunn, M., & Mulrooney, K. (2020). Human enhancement drugs and new(?) research directions. Performance Enhancement & Health, 7. DOI: 10.1016/j.peh.2020.100160.
- Thomas, N., Van de Ven, K., & Mulrooney, K. (2019). The impact of rurality on opioid-related harms: A systematic review of qualitative research. International Journal of Drug Policy. DOI: 10.1016/j.drugpo.2019.11.015.
- Van de Ven, K., Mulrooney, K., & Thomas, N. (2019). As drug deaths rise in rural Australia, we must do more to prevent overdoses..
- Mulrooney, K., & Van de Ven, K. (2019). ‘The Fittest on Earth’: Performance and Image Enhancing Drugs Use Within UK CrossFit Communities. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-17736-2_9.
- Van de Ven, K., Mulrooney, K., & Mcveigh, J. (2019). Human Enhancement Drugs. Routledge.
- Mulrooney, K., Van de Ven, K., Mcveigh, J., & Collins, R. (2019). Steroid Madness- Has the dark side of anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS) been over-stated?.