Louise McOrmond-Plummer, Ph.D.
- More than 20 years' thorough study of and writing on intimate partner sexual violence culminating in two books and a thrd to come in 2016
- 23 years' experience supporting survivors of rape and domestic violence
- Domestic violence court supporter
- Counselling abused women in a mental health setting (leading to my supervisor calling me "gifted" with abused women).
- Work with refugees and asylum seekers about whose rights I am also extremely passionate.
- 10 years moderating Pandora's Aquarium, a celebrated community for survivors of rape and sexual assault
- Sitemistress of Aphrodite Wounded. My site is 12 years old and has assisted many survivors to freedom and healing as well as professionals in understanding IPSV.
Dr. McOrmond-Plummer's recent publications include:
- Easteal, P., & McOrmond-Plummer, L. (2017). The mindset of intimate partner sexual violence perpetrators: motivations and myths. In L. McOrmond-Plummer, J. Y. Levy-Peck, & P. Easteal (Eds.), Perpetrators of Intimate Partner Sexual Violence: A Multidisciplinary Approach to Prevention, Recognition, and Intervention (pp. 33-43). Routledge.
- McOrmond-Plummer, L., Levy-Peck, J. Y., & Easteal, P. (2017). Perpetrators of Intimate Partner Sexual Violence: A Multidisciplinary Approach to Prevention, Recognition, and Intervention. Routledge.